I was told i could use my C02 Rgulator with a paintball nitro tank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonypr24

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me if i can use
tn375_large_new642070909224537.jpg

with this tank

guerillaair48cimyth.jpg

nope, the threads are different and nitro needs a nitro regulator (higher pressure)

Plus you don't want to use compressed air. It won't carbonate your beer. Paintball "Nitro" tanks don't typically hold nitrogen. There are a FEW fields that use it, but 99% of fills are just compressed air.
You can use Paintball CO2 tanks such as teh 20oz ones. BUt there is an adapter you'll need. Basically an on/off between the tanks pin valve and the regulator. You can pic these up at any paintball shop.

That all being said, I did once take a 45/45 tank and swap out teh regulator for a CO2 antisphon valve and had a 45/45 carbon fiber tank that held CO2, so I guess you could use the tank, but you'd need to replace the regulator in the tank with a CO2 anti-siphon valve. Those usually have on/off's vs pin valves already. You may have a hard time however finding a shop willing to fill it.

Ok...i guess i need to spend some money...thx for the info guys..

Back