I want to brew a different APA than before (Help?)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happydad1689

Reaction score
I have brewed an APA with:

8lbs of MO
2lbs of Rye

1 OZ -brewers gold (60 Min)
1 Oz - Cascade (10 min)

* I liked it, (a lot) but want to try a dry APA/ESB type beer without the cascade type hop (Citrus). I prefer a simple grain bill as I have to buy in lbs

Any recommendations?

I have also been using a similar base of ingredients and trying different recipes in the APA/ESB family. I have been doing it as a way to test out different ingredients. So far they have all been good, each one a little different. You could try any of the following.

Switch out the Rye with Wheat and/or Vienna malt.

Add a half pound of Crystal 20L for color.

For hops, you could use Centennial for a different APA flavor, or Goldings or Fuggles for an ESB.

I have also been using a similar base of ingredients and trying different recipes in the APA/ESB family. I have been doing it as a way to test out different ingredients. So far they have all been good, each one a little different. You could try any of the following.

Switch out the Rye with Wheat and/or Vienna malt.

Add a half pound of Crystal 20L for color.

For hops, you could use Centennial for a different APA flavor, or Goldings or Fuggles for an ESB.

Good idea.

Latest posts

Back