I wanna make beer but??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MMMM! I love the smell of "Beer Soup" in the air...

I brew indoors right now since it is so hot outside. I have only had hubby complain once that "it smells like a wet dog in here". I named that brew Wet Dawg Amber Ale, LOL!!!

The smell doesn't stick around long, even if the house is sealed up tight, and the result is fabulous! You know you want to do it :) Go for it!!!

MMMM! I love the smell of "Beer Soup" in the air...

I brew indoors right now since it is so hot outside. I have only had hubby complain once that "it smells like a wet dog in here". I named that brew Wet Dawg Amber Ale, LOL!!!

The smell doesn't stick around long, even if the house is sealed up tight, and the result is fabulous! You know you want to do it :) Go for it!!!

And this coming from a FEMALE brewer! These are usually our worst enemies! :D

Females usually have the stronger scent perception!

Rock on LaurieGator!

My wife says it smells like I'm making ramen.

As of this post, I'm undecided as to if this is a good thing or not. She does drink my beer tho:mug:

It will smell like awesome malted barley for a few hours... not like that goes through walls or anything though. I can't imagine anyone getting mad.

I brewed my first batch a month ago in my mom's kitchen (I am home from school for the summer), and she didn't complain too much. :cross:

OP, have we sufficiently answered your concern?

beating_dead_horse_smiley.gif

Yep, the smell is awesome. Take a brewery tour sometime. You will never forget the aromas. I miss brewing indoors just because it made the house smell sooooooo good. Get to the homebrew shop now!!!!!!!! J

Even BMC breweries smell like heaven on a soft breeze...

Thinking back to Golden, CO, and the Coors brewery tour... Ahh. Best. Vacation. EVAR.

You know guys. This is all polite and all, BUT when I was in collage, I lived 2 blocks away from the Pittsburgh Brewing plant in Lawrencville, on 37th street, also 3 blocks away from "The Church Brew Works", and in the summertime, sometimes, it smelled like hot dog food. I have since found out its because some dog food is fillered with spent grain.

Back