i wanna do a bacon flavor beer, any ideas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pujiman

Reaction score
I had a really nice smokey beer that resembled bacon in a lot of ways, it was called bacon beer. I wanted to make this for myself, does anyone have any good recipes they've done?

There are smoked malts you could add to your recipe to give the smokey flavor. I have also heard of some people who have soaked cooked bacon in vodka and then chilled so they could skim off the fats/oils that solidify and use the vodka as a sort of flavor shot.

I secondaried a stout on some cooked bacon. Adds a little bit of saltiness and smoked flavor. Can't tell it's bacon really, but if you think about it, you can pick up on its subtleties.

I would definitely use smoked malt to achieve that flavor. Whatever you do, don't use peated or peat-smoked malt. A traditional rauchmalt would be good, to a pretty high percentage of your grist, but the new Briess Cherrywood smoked malt would probably give you a more bacon-y flavor.

Back