I think the key to patience in this hobby is a well planned & executed pipeline

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLW

Reaction score
When I first started brewing I couldn't wait to sample by beers. So I moved to primary too soon, I bottled to soon, I started drinking my beers too soon.

I have discovered that with a strong pipeline going I have no problem waiting for beers to finish each stage of the process. My allowing beers the proper time to ferment and then age I am making a better quality beer.

Just my 2 cents worth.

jw

For sure it does help. My pipeline is good right now so it is easy to just let the beers do their thing ubtil they are ready. It os easy to just let a beer sit in the fermenter for 3 or more weeks if you have plenty to drink.

Trouble is...the more beer I brew, the more beer gets consumed. I have 15g of beer in various stages of fermentation all already spoken for. It's a blessing and a curse brewing good beer!

Yes, a pipeline makes life easier.....glad I thought of that too...

doh.jpg

I've discovered that my most recent batch (og1.064 fg1.016)of beer has given me 3 types of beer.... I gave it about 2 weeks to carbonate - maybe 2.. it was lightly carbonated (read almost flat) and had one flavor.... then later a few mor e weeks FINALLY strong carbonation - and one flavor... now a few more weeks later - proably 2months since bottling it is a 3rd flavor - strong hops, less malty..... At this rate I'm thinking I need to plan 2 months ahead - or 3... a month of bucket and 2 in the bottle... so the question is, what am I making today for late summer (August).... I don't know because I haven' ordered it yet...

Yes, patience is definitely the order of the day when brewing beer. I myself was a victim too.

Happy brewing

Triphops

i had a hard time getting people to realize i was making some pretty good beer and were somewhat reluctant to come over to try it. Probably because a mutual friend makes some pretty bad beer most of the time. After winning a medal in a recent competition that changed and I got wiped out. 20 gallons of various in primary right now and nothing on tap. will never let this happen again.

Another of the things I have to thank HBT for- the pipeline concept, which is nowhere covered in Palmer, Papazian, or my other readings. It was after I had internalized basic things like efficient sanitizing, temperature control and the like that I ran across a thread here dealing with pipeline. I then reorganized my basement to provide adequate shelf space for 6-7 batches. All the pressure just falls away when there's plenty of beer in the pipeline. I'm still working on the last few sixes of my Fall brewing cycle, and the Spring brews are going in the bottles and coming on line. I realize there are folks out there who have storage space issues, but whatever you can manage greatly eases the whole process.

Pipeline: Boston Plus Amber, Irish Red, Nut Brown, Rye IPA, Robust Porter.
To brew: SWMBO Slayer Blonde, Yooper's Haus Pale Ale

Latest posts

Back