I(PA)mpatience - bottling, enjoying.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crawkraut

Reaction score
So you've bottled. Bottle caps marked. Cased. Stored. Temperature reading adjusted. Calendar marked for prime readiness. Now you wait. But you don't want to wait.

1) use shorter more compact bottles. The pressure builds up faster and carbs these bottles sooner.
2) in your week 1 or 2 test, chill the bottles in an ice bath and then set them out on the counter to warm up twenty minutes. Actually try this out with a half empty bottle of water. Be sure to use a plastic bottle and have te top screwed on. You will find that the bottle collapses on itself after the ice bath, while it is sitting on the counter - as the water is absorbing the gases in the bottle.
3) you can then either pour and enjoy or return the bottle to the ice bath for another feww minutes and pour and enjoy.

Drink your IP's sooner, fresher!

Or you can keg and make the volume of carbonation whatever you want it to be.

Sorry, I couldn't resist! I know you're helping out the folks that bottle. :mug:

Or you head over to your friend's house, who kegs, and drink their HB! :)

Back