I made a beer shipping discovery today!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chupidacabra

Reaction score
Anyone use toner cartridges at work?

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1416510097.620094.jpg

These couldn't be more perfect for shipping bombers. Fits 2 snugly. It's basicly a shell of air paks with a flip up lid. I have grabbed 3 since I noticed and tried them today. They are made to fit perfectly into a 12x12x14 shipping box also. Makes for an indestructible beer trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Honestly if you cut down on the bubble wrap and ziplocks on the inside you could probably fit 3 bombers. I just didn't need to so I stuffed it with extra bubble wrap.

I think we need a control first for this experiment. I'll send you a box of beers with no packing and compare it to the one I just sent.

I doubt if that will work out to your expectations. FedEx and UPS will still manage to smash the bottles. Ship me two of your best as a test.

Bud light okay? Haha

I doubt if that will work out to your expectations. FedEx and UPS will still manage to smash the bottles. Ship me two of your best as a test.

Bud light okay? Haha

I have been grabbing those from my work whenever we trade cartridges out. I still think a thin piece of padding or cardboard might need to be put between the two bottles. Haven't tried though, bottles rarely last long enough around me to be traded.:drunk:

Yeah I put a piece of bubble wrap in between. Works well. And I know your pain on the BL. I've got some weird shock top bourbon something that tastes like hell that's been in the fridge for like a year. Pretty sure the in laws were responsible.

That just reminded me of the "I'm so old thread" and maybe I need to add I'm so old that I remember scratched records.

And then add that to the joke thread? That was actually pretty good haha.

You mean 78s, right.

I'm not sure that I am quite that old my great grandmother had a ton but they were not making them still after I was born (I think). Pretty sure it was down to 45's and 12"s (33 1/3) ? My kids have seen them (I have a bunch) but I have never played any for them. My record player broke about 5 years before my oldest was born. Never got around to buying another. Cds were out by then.

My grandma had one of those stand-up Victrolas that played the wax Edistone 78's. She'd always play "Preacher & the Bear" for us when we were kids.

Back