I love Craig's list

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

insanim8er

Reaction score
Sorry. I had to brag about this. I totally scored... Responded to this ad on CL for 75 flip-top bottles for $50. Ended up being an older guy whose been an extract brewer for 25 years.

Hooked me up with 80 flip tops. All have actual ceramic tops vs plastic, and only 1 was a green gloscher.

bottles_zps10afa7fc.jpg

And then he threw in a vintage arrowhead (blue) 5 gallon carboy.

carboy_zpsf2d69e4b.jpg

And then he gave me thise Rozay wine from 1966 HAHA It actually still looks to be in good shape too... maybe I'll try it?

No bad for $50! I'm going to sell that carboy, so it'll be an even better deal for those bottles, but man they need to be cleaned....

Congrats! I too made a CL score this week. I don't have pics yet, but I got three Ball Lock Cornies for a total of $65. :mug:

Speaking of cleaning, I need more PBW... ;)

Congrats! I too made a CL score this week. I don't have pics yet, but I got three Ball Lock Cornies for a total of $65. :mug:

Speaking of cleaning, I need more PBW... ;)

Nice...I missed out on a good corny deal. A guy had 6 ball and 5 pin for $20 ea. I was too late on that one. But It's probably for the better since I already have like 12 corny kegs and 10 1/6th sankey :drunk: but then again would've been a nice profit to be made.

Very cool!

A place I tend to look for flip tops are at a bottle redemption center. Not sure if you have those near where you are but it's worth a look. Clean up can be "fun" but if you're lucky you can get a bunch for pretty cheap as well.

Craig's list did it again!

I decided to start fermenting in stainless kegs, so I sold all my carboys. I had a guy willing to buy the last of what I had. He gave me $200 for them. I dropped them off and picked this bad boy up from another Craiglister:

20galpot_zps904d3d71.jpg

20 gallon Blichmann boilermaker with the false bottom. $200!

I basically traded some carboys that I paid like about $100 for for this. Now I am "forced" to do 10 gallon batches... Oh no :)

I ended up asking the guy why he's selling. He got a DUI and is forced to stop drinking for a year with the whole breathalyzer in the car and classes for diversion etc. Sucks for him, but it was a bad choice.

Back