I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a good Finnish saying for you with a photo to demonstrate:

Ahneella on paskainen loppu

051006_pythoneatsgator.jpg

Nyt se on hauska

Tasting 5 day old beer (as in 5 days in the fermenter)...I do believe it was a tiny bit fizzy... tiny tiny tiny... Should it be?

I hate when the drawings get put off, if I won something and lost it because I didn't respond in 24 hrs when the drawing was several days late I don't think I would be very happy, not that I win crap.

I don't know Austin and then I see admin, made me wonder.

All day I have been checking the site, its kinda nice that as far as I know I still haven't lost the big SS brewing giveaway, yet.

In an odd coincidence, the mods won all the prizes. We are trying to decide how to tell everyone.

Who's Austin? The new Administrator? What happened to TX?

Austin is literally Tx's friend. Tx has brought him on as an Admin to help with drawings, finding content for the site front page (articles), and getting the 401k plan going for the mods. If you've ever watched one of the live drawings, you might have seen him pulling the winners.

We burned before staining and also beat it with chains and a hatchet to distress the wood. It was fun

That chest is pretty awesome Dan.

Thanks! Turned out pretty good. My son made it mostly. I put in my two cents here and there and held wood in place. I tried to be like my dad when I first started making wood things. Not to much advice. Hold my tongue.

The angles on the lid I would have totally done trial and error but my son sat down with pencil and paper to figure all that stuff using math. :)

This is probably not what was in mind and I'd hate to start a random precedent :)

Mia, woken for a photo while sleeping after a long walk and bath

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412798667.408488.jpg

The only dog I ever had that slept on a couch was a 5yr old stray we adopted. She kew she was not allowed on people furniture but we suspected she would sneak on when we weren't home. One time we walked out of the house and had to return to get the car keys. The dog had one paw on the couch and was in an obvious motion to go further. The look of the dog was priceless as she froze. Knowing she was busted, guilty.

All day I have been checking the site, its kinda nice that as far as I know I still haven't lost the big SS brewing giveaway, yet.

Spending all day checking the site is the main Idea to drive up the hit count for HBT. Imagine a couple thousand people a day checking in several times a day to see the drawing. Every draw is the same. I called this out a few draws ago and everything went fine the last couple draws. Now we are back to the same old, someone in the family is sick. If you happened to catch the pre edited post from Austin one of his kids was sick. Now TxBrew claims, "Sorry for the delay folks. Drawing will be tomorrow. Austin has done all the drawings for over a year and he is still out sick, so going to wait until tomorrow for him to do it like always. We will have a plan in place for all future drawings so they get done on the correct day." So which is it? The pre edited child sick or Austin sick? And why does so much illness run everytime a drawing happens?:confused: How sick do you have to be to not be able to go to a website punch in a start and end number and post the result?

The only dog I ever had that slept on a couch was a 5yr old stray we adopted. She kew she was not allowed on people furniture but we suspected she would sneak on when we weren't home. One time we walked out of the house and had to return to get the car keys. The dog had one paw on the couch and was in an obvious motion to go further. The look of the dog was priceless as she froze. Knowing she was busted, guilty.

People furniture, are you kidding? Our dogs sleep in bed with us. Generally on my wife's side of the bed :D Sometimes, the little one will go down to sleep on the floor for a while if it gets too hot or something. But she always comes back.

During the daytime our terriers are pretty much permanent fixtures on our sofa. I just toss them off if I want space and I think they are taking too much.

Spending all day checking the site is the main Idea to drive up the hit count for HBT. Imagine a couple thousand people a day checking in several times a day to see the drawing. Every draw is the same. I called this out a few draws ago and everything went fine the last couple draws. Now we are back to the same old, someone in the family is sick. If you happened to catch the pre edited post from Austin one of his kids was sick. Now TxBrew claims, "Sorry for the delay folks. Drawing will be tomorrow. Austin has done all the drawings for over a year and he is still out sick, so going to wait until tomorrow for him to do it like always. We will have a plan in place for all future drawings so they get done on the correct day." So which is it? The pre edited child sick or Austin sick? And why does so much illness run everytime a drawing happens?:confused: How sick do you have to be to not be able to go to a website punch in a start and end number and post the result?
Do I denote a little cynicism?

The Heater from Van Meter is a cool nick name.

Agreed! Yet I have no idea what you guys are talking about. (Is there an embarrassed emoticon I could use with an iPhone keyboard ?)

My favorite phrase was "hour of Power". Absolutely nothing to do with religion; if it sounds that way. Hour of power was back when I was in decent physical conditioning. A bunch of us would go running. Start out together but after awhile some would run slower and some run faster. So different distances were covered. After you ran thirty minutes you turned back. Ideally 30 minutes out and 30 back. We all met back at the starting point about the same time. I'm pretty sure there's some deep life meaning in that. Maybe. But it was just a good time and built camaraderie. I truly miss those days.

I was upgrading my STC-1000 wiring with a waterproofed probe and longer outlet cord... when I cut a wire hot... Was on a GFCI plug but the house breaker tripped first. I'm 100% fine, it didn't shock me, but 4th of July showed up again AND took a bite out of my scissors! Happy to still be here, think I'll have a beer.

2014-10-09 13.14.59.jpg

I was upgrading my STC-1000 wiring with a waterproofed probe and longer outlet cord... when I cut a wire hot... Was on a GFCI plug but the house breaker tripped first. I'm 100% fine, it didn't sock me, but 4th of July showed up again AND took a bite out of my scissors! Happy to still be here, think I'll have a beer.

Yikes! If my son did that he would be grounded....

Seriously though, glad you are okay.

You were working on an appliance that was plugged in? Darwin almost got ya..

Ultimately yes... I was plugging in various cords I had available to check the length from my plug to the fermenter. I must have plugged in, and unplugged at least 20 different items, yet somehow I never unplugged the "winner." I've never done such a thing... I hadn't even been drinking.

I was running on a lack of sleep though......

A day when I don't have to get up early, and my keg kicked (my other keg {two tap} kicked three days ago). I'm out of sync. Now I'm left with my "other fermentables?" I believe tomorrow I will not be happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Carrot wine? Whut was before that? Broccoli wine? Artichoke wine before that? Were you stumbling around the grocery store and though, "I like orange!"? Does drinking it improve your vision or just make people look better? Can I change my skin color with this?

Nice of you to stop by and spread some Zuljin luv; lest we forget you. ;)

Hope all is well here on HBT. I haven't been around much lately. This too will change, I just got disrupted from my routine

Cheers to you all!

Back