i know i need to relax but

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forrest-hunters

Reaction score
I have a blue moon clone and maple wheat ale that have been fermenting for a month now. Neither one have changed in finished gravity in a couple weeks but they are still bubbling. One bubble every few minutes. Is this normal? They are sitting at 64-66 degrees right now but have been around 66-68 most of the time. Planning on bottling this weekend. Would warming them up a few degrees finish them off as they were originally brewed 3.5 weeks ago.

Your gravity hasn't changed in a couple of weeks? Its done. Bottle it. Airlock activity does not necessarily indicate fermentation.

Yes, let them warm up for a couple of days. What are you fermenting in? Did you move the beer to a secondary fermenter or is it still on the yeast?

Bubbles mean nothing. You'll get bubbles if temps change, if pressures change, if hunidities change, if you bump the fermenter, if the moon winks...

The blue moon started around 1.060 and is around 1.010 right now and it has been in a plastic bucket the whole time.

The maple wheat started at 1.076 and is around 1.012 right now and was racked from plastic to a glass carboy after one week per the directions. I do need to add another packet of yeast 3 days before i bottle which would be tomorrow. Planning on pitching it tomorrow morning.

I can bring them both upstairs to warm tomorrow until Saturday when I would like to bottle.

Forrest-hunters said:
The blue moon started around 1.060 and is around 1.010 right now and it has been in a plastic bucket the whole time.

The maple wheat started at 1.076 and is around 1.012 right now and was racked from plastic to a glass carboy after one week per the directions. I do need to add another packet of yeast 3 days before i bottle which would be tomorrow. Planning on pitching it tomorrow morning.

I can bring them both upstairs to warm tomorrow until Saturday when I would like to bottle.

The beers are done, all you are noticing is the CO2 coming out of suspension creating bubbles, just bottle them up!

Back