I have decided something.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't care how many berries you have to punch, or if your fists are reduced to raw, bloody, berry-punching stumps in the process; I don't care how many bodies are left dead, or dying, or begging for death in your berry-punching wake: this NEEDS to happen.

Berry Punch! Imperial Stout, aged on raspberries and blackberries in oak barrels... I'd buy that, at least once.

either y'all are onto something or on something. either way, a Berry Puncher Imperial Stout sounds most fitting and appropriate! I tried to leave him a message on his blog, but it wouldn't let me.

What has he done?!?! :confused:

Why, he has continued to be a nerd on the internet!!! :rockin:

@shooter - wasn't that you that was all "Wil Wheaton" crazy when we were in the conference? Someone in our group was. It was like, "Drink Wil Wheaton's stout! Here, take a sip!" "Take a picture of me and Wil Wheaton!" "Don't you love Wil Wheaton's blue plaid shirt?" "Oh my goodness, Wil Wheaton is coming this way!"

Or was that @Soperbrew ? I know it was somebody I was hanging out with.

I will admit that his stout was pretty good. He's awfully hairy, though. Much hairier in person. Wil, not Soper.

Wil Wheaton, the gauntlet has been thrown. Imperial Stout aged with blackberries & raspberries in oak. this may be a sour stout. you must do this. it is your mission.

edit: and @Yooper isn't too nerdy.

Berry Punch! Imperial Stout, aged on raspberries and blackberries in oak barrels... I'd buy that, at least once.

Wil Wheaton, the gauntlet has been thrown. Imperial Stout aged with blackberries & raspberries in oak. this may be a sour stout. you must do this. it is your mission.

edit: and @Yooper isn't too nerdy.

I'm digging it :tank:

this is what I'm thinking so far. it will most likely change a time or two before I actually brew it. and was thinking 3/4 pounds of raspberries and 1/2 pounds blackberries per gallon.

Berry Puncher

Imperial Stout (13 F)

Type: All Grain
Batch Size: 5.00 gal
Boil Size: 7.37 gal
Boil Time: 60 min
End of Boil Vol: 6.24 gal
Final Bottling Vol: 4.25 gal
Fermentation: Ale, Two Stage

Date: 07 Nov 2015
Brewer: Billy Klubb
Asst Brewer:
Equipment: Pot and Cooler (10 Gal/37.8 L) - All Grain
Efficiency: 72.00 %
Est Mash Efficiency: 86.4 %
Taste Rating: 30.0

Taste Notes:

Ingredients

Amt

Name

Type

#

%/IBU

17 lbs Golden Promise (2.2 SRM) Grain 1 86.1 %
1 lbs Special B Malt (180.0 SRM) Grain 2 5.1 %
12.0 oz Chocolate Malt (450.0 SRM) Grain 3 3.8 %
8.0 oz Black (Patent) Malt (500.0 SRM) Grain 4 2.5 %
8.0 oz Blackprinz (500.0 SRM) Grain 5 2.5 %
1.50 oz Nugget [13.00 %] - Boil 60.0 min Hop 6 46.5 IBUs
1.00 oz Calypso [13.00 %] - Boil 10.0 min Hop 7 11.2 IBUs
1.0 pkg American Ale (Wyeast Labs #1056) [124.21 ml] Yeast 8 -

Gravity, Alcohol Content and Color

Est Original Gravity: 1.100 SG
Est Final Gravity: 1.018 SG
Estimated Alcohol by Vol: 10.9 %
Bitterness: 57.7 IBUs
Est Color: 51.7 SRM

Measured Original Gravity: 1.100 SG
Measured Final Gravity: 1.010 SG
Actual Alcohol by Vol: 12.0 %
Calories: 346.1 kcal/12oz

Mash Profile

Mash Name: Single Infusion, Light Body, No Mash Out
Sparge Water: 3.57 gal
Sparge Temperature: 168.0 F
Adjust Temp for Equipment: FALSE

Total Grain Weight: 19 lbs 12.0 oz
Grain Temperature: 72.0 F
Tun Temperature: 72.0 F
Mash PH: 5.20

Mash Steps

Name

Description

Step Temperature

Step Time

Mash In Add 6.97 gal of water at 157.8 F 148.0 F 75 min

Sparge: Fly sparge with 3.57 gal water at 168.0 F

either y'all are onto something or on something. either way, a Berry Puncher Imperial Stout sounds most fitting and appropriate! I tried to leave him a message on his blog, but it wouldn't let me.

I am doing my part to help - I would think that hashtag of his name will get his attention. Maybe.

#WilWheaton

Perhaps there's some sort of Crusher signal.

Just realized he was in Stand By Me. That's a top ten movie for me.

Wanna go see a dead body?

Such a nice thing to see an old drinkin' rouge as Mr.Klubbe after all these years.

InsidiousRage

on a side note: I used to hang out with this guy, Max Supera, we called Tic Tac in Las Vegas. he was a trad skin. he was also on an episode of Star Trek: Next Generation when he was a kid. he was something in charge of radishes or something.

just looked it up. Season 5, Episode 5 "Disaster"

Who the fuq is Wil Wheaton?

Hahaha, I asked the same question when we were at the NHC and one of the guys from HBT I was hanging out with was all "There he is!" "let's go drink his beer!" and "Take my picture!". I said, "WHAT in the heck is wrong with you? Who is this guy? Why is is beer so awesome that we're supposed to go over there again and again?"

(WW is a homebrewer, and actually has been on this forum a few times.....)

and he told me. I still had no clue at all. But then he said, "You know! You know! The kid in 'Stand By Me'!" And then I know who it was.

But he looks alot different now than when he was 12, and I still didn't recognize him.

Did I mention he is very nice, but he's also very hairy? He wasn't hairy in "Stand By Me".

Hahaha, I asked the same question when we were at the NHC and one of the guys from HBT I was hanging out with was all "There he is!" "let's go drink his beer!" and "Take my picture!". I said, "WHAT in the heck is wrong with you? Who is this guy? Why is is beer so awesome that we're supposed to go over there again and again?"

(WW is a homebrewer, and actually has been on this forum a few times.....)

and he told me. I still had no clue at all. But then he said, "You know! You know! The kid in 'Stand By Me'!" And then I know who it was.

But he looks alot different now than when he was 12, and I still didn't recognize him.

Did I mention he is very nice, but he's also very hairy? He wasn't hairy in "Stand By Me".

Damnit he's Wesley Crusher and that should be enough.

Actually I hadn't given him a single thought until I saw his kit at NB and his Stone collab.

Back