I have a slight OCD...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weissbier91

Reaction score
And i can see this 'hobby' will consume me...lol

I already bought lumber to work on a 'brew room' in the basement, and will be working on it in the am...

I am drinking my very first beer I brewed tonight. I see a life long commitment here. I love this stuff!!!

I started with one 5 gallon bucket, 23 years ago. I now have about 15 buckets, six 6 gallon carboys, six 5 gallon carboys, four 3 gallon carboys, a BUNCH of 1 gallon jugs, and a dozen 1/6th barrel kegs. Not bragging, just giving you something to look forward to!

My OCD really helps with my brewing. In "normal" life I am NOT the most sanitary person. We'll leave that at that. But when it comes to making beer I tend to be WAAAAAY overboard. If I even THINK I might have touched something after the boil I pretty much cleanse myself and everything else with Starsan. My wife lols about it with friends because ONLY when I am brewing am I THAT clean and sanitary.

Scratch my nose, bathe in Starsan. Head itches, bathe in starsan. Did I set the spoon in the right place after use, bathe in Starsan. haha I drive myself crazy.

Me too. I work in a GMP environment and everything is planned and deliberate. It lends itself to successful brewing.

Back