I have a problem: I drank my 'party' beer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HBC

Reaction score
Help-- we have a big problem. I brewed a batch last month that kicked some major ass. It was an irish red that I brew VERY OFTEN. To give you some insight.. it has an ABV of about 5% and takes just a week to finish/cleanup, and another week to condition while carbonating. Meaning, in two weeks from brew date-- It kicks ass (yes, it kicks more ass 2-months in).. and I am totally fine serving that to my bros in that timeframe.

HOWEVER, FRICK-- I drank like 3-gallons of the 10 I brewed- that I was supposed to have ready for my company party. The party is like 10- days from now meaning I am missing 4-days from that golden sweet time on this brew.

THEREFORE, I have a question for ya'll that I just don't know. If I brew another 5-gallons now, ferment and transfer to my keg for carbonation in one-week.. can I flash carb for a few days, and then transfer that to the partially empty kegs...and combine???? I am thinking that if I add 2 gallons to the 3 remaining in each keg or so... that it will be partially carbonated..and if I carbonated at a lower psi for a few more days after combining, we will be okay...

anyone tried combing a 'green' beer with a beer that just left the green world and been okay? The other option would be to just put it aside, leave it for the last keg to party with.. and hope for the best.

Please note: I am partially drunk while typing this.

It would be extremely hard for the average person to tell how many gallons were served at a party.
If you are in the mood to be sneaky then transfer from the full one into the partially drained one till they are at the same level, they will just think that is what a keg weighs.
Or just be honest and say it was so darned good you just couldn't help yourself! :drunk:

Just get a case of Killian's, take the labels off, and use them for backup. Hell, it just won gold at the world beer cup, it's probably pretty good.

Just get a case of Killian's, take the labels off, and use them for backup. Hell, it just won gold at the world beer cup, it's probably pretty good.

miller got some gold too; perhaps the judges had a bit too much sampling.:drunk: But thank goodness I didn't see any A. Busch :ban:

Why is everyone always hating on Anheuser Busch?? They make some quality beer. It's not all nasty. Everyone respects Dogfish Head for being pioneers and Sierra Nevada and others. Before there were lagers like Budweiser, someone at AB had to be just as creative and as much of a daring pioneer as the respected breweries.

I'm totally kidding. Did I get ya? Anyway, I'd try mixing the 2 beers. I can't see why it would be a problem at all. Even if you force carb an older beer it's still fine. I'd go for it.

Latest posts

Back