I HATE not being able to brew. :(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmandaK

Reaction score
Long story made really short, I had to cease my brewing operation because I'm moving from tiny-town Illinois to Kansas City at the end of November. (Hooray! Finally back to a city!)

I had gotten used to brewing twice a month, if not more. I had plans to turn the yeast cake from a 70/- into a Wee Heavy! I wanted to brew a Munich Dunkel for Christmas! I wanted to start another Flanders Brown soon! I had a grand scheme to split a chocolate porter into a mint version and a cherry version!

But now, I am sad. I only have bottling left to do. Bottling! I hate bottling. I can't dream up new recipes or brew magical beers or drool about the newest contents of my fermenters.

I have 4 full batches to bottle and a half batch of terrible "hooch cider". And I have no motivation. HELP!!!

Well hey,you DO have 4 full batches coming on line. Not like you're left with no home brew at all...like me. gotta wait till turkey day for my PM pale ale to be ready.

Ok Amanda, here is what you do. Send one batch to me! And of course it would be awfully rude to send it unbottled, so I would expect it bottled.

Boom! Motivation! And I get a case of beer!

PM me when it is ready and I will get you my address. :D

Im with you, also moving. I plan to have 6 kegs full to bridge the gap in production. Here are two positive things

1. You will be able to brew your ass off when you get set up to get your pipeline going again.
2. Oklahoma joes is delicious, and you will be living near there.

To each his own.

Me and my buddy did a BBQ road trip a couple years ago. Austin, Kansas City, Memphis, St Louis and we ate BBQ 2-3 times a day for a week at some of the best places in the country. Having been a seasoned BBQ eater across the country Oklahoma Joes and 17th St BBQ(outside of St Louis) were our favorites(and mine in all my experience except for Smoque in Chicago). Arthur Bryants was good, but IMO it left something to be desired...and yes we went to the original location in the "ghetto" and ordered burnt ends. Now, I'm Hungry for delicious pig products :mad:

At least I won't be even close to running out of beer. That has not been a problem for me this year - my imagination outpaces my drinking.

And if we are going to argue BBQ... try Pappy's in St. Louis. You will not be disappointed. I've tried to find something that good in KC, but no dice yet. (I've done OK Joe's, Arthur Byrants, the Hi may I help you?!? people, several places on Triple D, etc, etc. - All were pretty disappointing IMO.) But that being said, you guys are making me hungry!

Welcome to Kansas City....

I'm a Bryants person myself but OK Joes is good as well. BBQ like a lot of things is personal tastes. Nothing is as good as the one you love. I will have to try the one you mentioned in St Louis some time.

Back