I got half a pound of strawberry lemonade

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tritonal

Reaction score
My Fiance works at Teavana a loose leaf tea store and she brought home .5lbs of Strawberry lemonade tea and wants me to make something out of it. I have made wine from pom pomagranet juice and other juices just not sure what to really do with this as in how much sugar/water to use. She tells me when brewing normally its 1.5tsps to 1oz of water if that helps.

for kombucha you dont want any flavor additives (like strawberry or lemon) until 2ndery fermentation so not sure if this tea would work

for kombucha you dont want any flavor additives (like strawberry or lemon) until 2ndery fermentation so not sure if this tea would work

Agreed, it's ideal to leave your primaries plain, and flavor in secondary or at bottling.
What you could do, make that tea in a small sauce pan/pot. Remove the tea leaves and add your priming sugar. Heat until it starts to boil, then remove from heat, allow it to cool, and use it to prime for bottling.

Experiment, grasshopper, experiment!

You can also use it in primary, just as long as you use a spare scoby. You don't want to "infect" your "mother"-brew. No idea what the result will be, though...

If you're not sure about what it's made of, I wouldn't trust it in primary.
You could waste a whole batch if there's flavor oils or something else that could spoil in there.

Latest posts

Back