I got furloughed...So I made Apfelwein!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eyegotsoul

Reaction score
So....the government told me to stay home.

My out of office reply is: "I am currently out of office on furlough. It is forced time off without pay. Please contact Congress for resolution. Enjoy your reduction in government provided services"

After a week trying to decide what to do with my empty carboy, I decided to make another 6 gallons of Apfelwein. I already have a 5 gallon and two 1 gallon batches that are ready to bottle this weekend, but I don't have enough bottles yet. I'll just let it age a few more weeks till I collect from from my corona drinking friend & neighbors.

Anybody else losing money like me??

I'm sorry to hear you're so negatively affected by this bull****, but at least you're finding a productive way to spend your time. A year from now, hopefully when our idiot representatives have learned to play nicely and compromise productively, you'll have something phenomenal to enjoy.

My fiancee is (happily) being covered by the state right now (though that will only last a month), and I'm only a pseudo-state employee, so I'm fine. Sorry again to hear about your situation.

I am in the same boat. They have gone to extreme skeletal manning. 1 person per shift where there is usually over 15 in my office. We can't do anything once we are there incase something goes wrong. Looks like I am getting 1 day per week, which is better than none but less optimal than the normal 5. All my wine / mead carboys are full so I did an Irish ale.

Back