i get to dump 20 gallons of fermenting cider this weekend....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcbeerboy

Reaction score
just got word that the orchard i got my juice from last weekend has ordered a recall on all their unpasteurized juice because of a potential e. coli outbreak, which is really awesome because i've got 20 gallons of it fermenting in my basement.

sonofa......

I assume you bought at Baugher's? So sorry to hear. Have you been out to Distillery Lane Ciderworks yet? I went last fall and made a Kingston Black hard cider.

I just mentioned this to my buddy in DC who does soil and water testing for EPA mandates and he said DO NOT pour it out in the public sewer system or your lawn where it can contaminate groundwater. It needs to be delivered to his office so it can be disposed of properly.

thanks for all the concern folks :)

as cvillekevin said, i think it's gonna be okay. i've got some guys in my club that are willing to plate it and see if any e. coli grows. i think we're good here.

Latest posts

Back