I forgot to add aroma hops to the boil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmcman73

Reaction score
So, after all this time brewing, I forgot to add one ingredient to my brew and it was the addition of aroma hops in the last 10 min of boil.

I usually have everything pre-measured and lined up next to the kettle but for some reason, I forgot to move the aroma hops from the scale where I weighed them. After I transfered it all to the the fermenter and started cleaning, I saw them sitting there.

I brewed a heff and was wondering, could I add the hops to primary for a day or two? Or should I just forget about it?

Cmon, you were drinking and brewing...admit it!!! :D

Seriously...I don't ever add aroma hops to a hef. You could add them dry if you want to, but I personally wouldn't.

Edit: change the smilie

Cmon, you were drinking and brewing...admit it!!! :D

Seriously...I don't ever add aroma hops to a hef. You could add them dry if you want to, but I personally wouldn't.

Edit: change the smilie

You got me. I was actually drinking "Not your father's rootbeer" ... Beer. Kinda "forgot" it was actually beer that tasted like rootbeer... Oops.

OK, I won't sweat over the .50 Oz of tettnang hops I forgot to add at the end of boil and leave it off.

There is not much aroma left after 10 minutes of boiling anyway, just a hint of flavor and a little bitterness from the half oz.
If you feel you want some of that intended aroma and flavor, you could dry hop with that half oz after the primary fermentation is done. Don't rack, just add to your primary vessel. If it's a bucket, drop the pellets through the grommet hole.

:mug:

Latest posts

Back