I finally made it to the garage!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was just a week after I bought that one that they had a nice straight shiny one. I was pissed!
Got mine from CraigsList...a plain Sabco keggle, SQ14 burner, IC, and propane tank for $100.

Still need to put a drain valve on mine. Have only done 1 AG batch so far. 2nd is this weekend! :)

EDIT: and as you can see, boilovers can still happen with a keggle! :p

Got mine from CraigsList...a plain Sabco keggle, SQ14 burner, IC, and propane tank for $100.
medium.jpg

medium.jpg

Still need to put a drain valve on mine. Have only done 1 AG batch so far. 2nd is this weekend! :)

You darn pretty boys with your fancy scmancy ways!!! Man! that all looks WAY to clean and efficient! I Hate you!!!.......For no apparent reason, I hate you!! :(

Yes we just turned a garage into a nice clean brew space.

Here's another name changer....I just realized that Brianthebrewer was one of the 7500 nocluebrewers that spontaenously appeared one day on here...I never knew which of you I was talking to....what was your original name? were you nocluebrewmaster???

:D

Um, what?? Who/what is GRR?:(

My bad, it's actual name is G.I.R as opposed to S.I.R - the Standard-issue Information Retrieval unit (They never say what the G stands for). He's a robot sidekick to Invader Zim. (One of the best made-for-adults, kid's shows out there) Yes, I am truly a geek. Please don't shun me.

I'm serious! I'm glad you guys feel free to hang out in my garage brewin' thread! :D

Much apologies, good sir. The inner geek takes over and I have no controlof what it types. I must say that although your keggle is dented and wrinkly, you did cut a damn fine hole in it. :D Keep up the good work!

Terje

My bad, it's actual name is G.I.R as opposed to S.I.R - the Standard-issue Information Retrieval unit (They never say what the G stands for). He's a robot sidekick to Invader Zim. (One of the best made-for-adults, kid's shows out there) Yes, I am truly a geek. Please don't shun me.
No shunning here. I'm still no clearer, but at least I'm not totally in the dark.
Yes, you are a geek. But you're our geek so we love you anyway.:D

dum dada dum dada dum BONANZA!

dum dada dum dada dum dada dum dum dada dum da day!

I love these TV nostalgia threads.

Don't remember any gnomes on bonanza though
:confused:

Man, I'm soooo stoked to start AG now!

If you can step grains, you can partial mash. If you can partial mash, you can go AG. Go for it. I waited 10 years, then after I brewed my first AG I was thinking "Why did I put this off for so long?"

Bottom line: The only difference between extract and AG is a mash tun (cooler) and an hour to mash. If you have a cooler and an extra hour, you can AG.

This makes me wonder, has anybody met the Gnome yet? Anyone?
OB, you must inform us all when/if you meet him.

I talked with Gnome on the phone. Despite our differences in Debate Forum, he's very personable. SWMBO sounds cute too! :p

If you can step grains, you can partial mash. If you can partial mash, you can go AG. Go for it. I waited 10 years, then after I brewed my first AG I was thinking "Why did I put this off for so long?"

Bottom line: The only difference between extract and AG is a mash tun (cooler) and an hour to mash. If you have a cooler and an extra hour, you can AG.
I'm taking donations. Need a cooler and an extra hour. Do you have any?:D
I cannot, repeat, cannot be beaten to AG by the Gnome.

Is your junk as ugly as BierMuncher's?

... No, not THAT junk, you know, your keggle??

Oh yes! BierMunchers junk!.......THIS junk?

8205d1224810983-keggle-drilling-keggle_3.jpg

All the time I was cutting my keg hole I was chanting the mantra....".Don't make a BM...Don't make a BM...Don't make a BM...Don't make a BM...Don't make a BM..."......

In the end, I didn't know if I meant "don't make a BierMuncher" Or "Don't make a bowel movement"

During the confusion I didn't make a Biermuncher, but I **** myself. :(

Anyways, in the end, mine looked like this.....A wrinkly surrounding, but a nice clean keghole. :)

keggleso8.jpg

Oh yes! BierMunchers junk!.......THIS junk?

8205d1224810983-keggle-drilling-keggle_3.jpg

All the time I was cutting my keg hole I was chanting the mantra....".Don't make a BM...Don't make a BM...Don't make a BM...Don't make a BM...Don't make a BM..."......

In the end, I didn't know if I meant "don't make a BierMuncher" Or "Don't make a bowel movement"

During the confusion I didn't make a Biermuncher, but I **** myself. :(
I hope you did it outside the keggle.

Jeezuz where ya guys been?...I've been going outta my mind with boredom at work...I almost resorted to actually doing some. :D

(just kidding, we're dead here today.)
Who are these guys of which you speak? I'm trying to work, which ain't easy when I'm also doing this. Got to be quick on the mouse.

Jeezuz where ya guys been?...I've been going outta my mind with boredom at work...I almost resorted to actually doing some. :D

(just kidding, we're dead here today.)

Oh Revvy.....Personally, I am trying to restrict my inane crap to little pockets of forum silliness. I'm trying to not infect the whole forum with my drivel. That seems only polite.

In future, just post something meaningless on one of my threads, and I will get right back at ya! (In a spooky Sarah Palin wink kinda way)

No need for anyone to get bored here! :)

Having been around pregnant woman enough, I hear/read the word "keggle" and a keg with a hole in the top is not what comes to mind. :cross:

I'm thinking this....close enough.

The Kegel Exercise, named after Dr. Arnold Kegel, is an exercise of the pubococcygeal muscles. This exercised is the regular contracting and relaxing of the pelvic floor muscle designed to restore muscle tone, reduce overactive bladder symptom, and to increase sexual gratification.

I just got my HomeBrewTalk.com mugs :D :ban::rockin:
Can't have a beer until later tonight, got some driving to do, but I'll take a picture and post it later.
I do have one complaint though. The newspaper the mugs are wrapped in is in spanish :( I like reading papers from other parts of the country.

OH!!! I see now!!! The keggle excercise!!! Best performed by a lady with a keg inside her vajayjay! Sorry, I'm a bit oblique today :(

Hey, I just clicked on your winery linky....

WOW, you're the real deal. :tank:

I'd like to see pics of your operation. Heck I'm thinking our little HBT cliquey group should do a road trip....:D

You'd be welcome anytime, open invitation. It's my brothers operation, I just help out whenever I can with bottling and such. This year he bottled a Port that IMO is excellent tasting.

Back