I don't know if I should trust this.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mufflerbearing

Reaction score
I opened the ferm and this what I saw. I had an issue early in ferm and had to make a blowoff tube due to it was going crazy. It'sa makin me nervous. I don't want my friends to have the runs on Monday after we drink this dunkel.

image.jpg

Leave it be. It's fine!

Looks like a lot of yeast and protein. If it tastes like crap during bottling, then you can start to worry. But i'm sure it won't.

That's nothing but beer. It's fine. Drink up! People tend to worry too much about what goes on in the fermenter. Worst case scenario is some slight off flavors, and some infections actually improve taste. But you aren't infected so don't worry.

I have about 18 batches under my belt and I just haven't come across this one yet. I have read tons of " does this look infected" posts and hate to be one of these but I was just a little concerned. Also I ferment in a bucket so I can't see what she is up to in there for peace of mind. I will check gravity and see what's up and hopfully keg this beast in the next couple of days. Thanks for the reassurance, MB

Don't mess with it. Let it ferment and when it's done, then worry about kegging it. That pic look perfectly normal. Just give it a little taste on keg day and then you'll see.

Kegged Last night. All seemed just fine. Hit final gravity. Beer seems like it had not much flavor. Probably just the style. Thanks for your help

Back