I did it!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hifidelity

Reaction score
Yesterday was my first brew day! I was pretty nervous, and probably checked and double checked the recipe and that all my gear was properly sanitized about half a dozen times. It went pretty well other than a small boilover on the kitchen stove, which I saw coming and almost got contained. I'll be picking up a bigger stock pot before my next brew. I used the Northern Brewer deluxe starter kit with Caribou Slobber brown ale.

It's downstairs bubbling away as I type this, so I must have done something right. I hate that it's going to be a few weeks before get to enjoy the fruits of my labor. :)

Congrats! Something you'll learn with time - you only need to sanitize equipment that will contact the wort post-boil. I recall that as a newbie I was sanitizing everything, only to realize that since you're going to boil the wort anyway - pre-sanitation is a waste of sanitizer, energy, worry.

Bubbling is good! Sounds like you're well on your way to the all-grain brew bug.

Good luck!
P

Congrats on your first batch. Patience & knowledge will come with every batch you brew. Always something new to learn while you get your own process down cold. Watch your ferment temps as well as mash temps & all that.

Latest posts

Back