I couldn't help myself....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerryteague

Reaction score
Well, as much as I tried, I couldn't wait the full 3 weeks in the bottle before trying my first batch (MW Autumn Amber Ale). I bottled my beer last Wednesday, and put one in the fridge last night, as a "test" bottle. It was Delicious! Yes it was still green, and somewhat flat, but it was way better than I hoped it would be. I'm officially hooked! Let the madness begin.......

Lord knows you wouldnt be the first one of us noobs to drink one too early:D

Just don't drink them all before they have a chance to get really good:mug:

I plan on having one a week just to get an idea of how the flavors develop (I'll call it research). I'm hoping I'll be busy enough with the first batch, that I'll be able to keep my hands off of my second batch (Hefeweizen) that's in the primary now.

I plan on having one a week just to get an idea of how the flavors develop (I'll call it research). I'm hoping I'll be busy enough with the first batch, that I'll be able to keep my hands off of my second batch (Hefeweizen) that's in the primary now.

For your first definitely taste the difference as the brew ages. Once you figure out that letting them sit makes them taste better, you will learn the hardest thing about brewing......Patience.

Get a couple extra fermenters and get a good pipeline going and the waiting becomes easy.

BTW welcome to the addiction....:mug:

Brew more often, it makes the waiting easier

at some point you'll find a case you forgot about.:ban:

beergolf said:
For your first definitely taste the difference as the brew ages. Once you figure out that letting them sit makes them taste better, you will learn the hardest thing about brewing......Patience.

Get a couple extra fermenters and get a good pipeline going and the waiting becomes easy.

BTW welcome to the addiction....:mug:

I bought another fermenter last week, and I'm gonna brew again next Monday, or Tuesday when I'm off work. I'm hoping to keep at least 2 batches fermenting at a time, so I can get a good supply going. I just need a bigger Keezer to ferment in, because I can only ferment 2 at a time in the one that I currently have. Maybe I can talk SWMBO into letting me get another big chest freezer for a fermentation chamber, so I can use the smaller one for kegs.....

Try spending a month in primary, tasting when you rack to secondary, and then having to wait another month for lagering!

Ales are a piece of cake.

Homercidal said:
Try spending a month in primary, tasting when you rack to secondary, and then having to wait another month for lagering!

Ales are a piece of cake.

I plan on a Maibock, or an oktoberfest later in the spring. I gotta find some patience, or it's gonna be torture. A larger fermentation chamber Is definately in my future.

I bought another fermenter last week, and I'm gonna brew again next Monday, or Tuesday when I'm off work. I'm hoping to keep at least 2 batches fermenting at a time, so I can get a good supply going. I just need a bigger Keezer to ferment in, because I can only ferment 2 at a time in the one that I currently have. Maybe I can talk SWMBO into letting me get another big chest freezer for a fermentation chamber, so I can use the smaller one for kegs.....

Keep going, brother. Sounds like a bigger brew cave is in your future. Start looking at farm land :mug:

Latest posts

Back