I completed my 50 state quest.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sailingeric

Beer. Now there's a temporary solution
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I finally visited all 50 states and celebrated with a few pints and good conversation at Smug Brewing in Pawtucket, RI. Love their smoked lager. Also had to go buy another piece of luggage as I brought about 60 pounds worth of different beers in Maine
20210619_200131.jpg
20210619_200044.jpg

20210618_184115.jpg

I've been stuck at 48 for over a decade going on two. Never an intention, just happened, a combination of loving to drive cross country with flying on business.

And while Alaska fishing is intriguing, I have no aspiration of visiting Hawaii...

Cheers!

I've been stuck at 48 for over a decade going on two. Never an intention, just happened, a combination of loving to drive cross country with flying on business.

And while Alaska fishing is intriguing, I have no aspiration of visiting Hawaii...

Cheers!
I was the same way and then I realized how many I had done and when I was down to the last 10 or so I made it my goal.

Which ones left? I needed VT, NH, Conn, RI and Maine. My brother and family moved to Portland Maine last year so it gave a great excuse to fly out, do a little road trip and drink a few pints.

I need to visit CT, RI, VT, MS, LA, AK, and HI to complete all 50.

We did a trip to Maine 10 years ago. Flew into Boston, rented a car and went up the coast. Acadia NP, then up through Downeast and into NB a bit. Amazing area. Will be going back to explore the region some more, maybe next year, and explore the Canadian maritimes, too. Probably check off those first 3 states on my list then. I'm hankering for some Connecticut-style lobster rolls, so that'll be a bonus.

Alaska is another road trip we need to do soon. That was to be our fall 2020 trip, but COVID farked that up. Want to drive up the Alaska Highway, then take a ferry back. Have a college buddy in Hawaii who has been bugging us to go. That's on a bucket list soon.

Don't know much about LA and MS, but there's some historical places we want to see there. Have family in FL, so might drive thru on the way.

My wife is retired and I'm semi-retired, so we have plenty of time to take off.

Back