I bought a keg setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aprichman

Reaction score
I bought a keg setup and I'm super excited! I went with a pinlock setup because of the price. A little sad I won't have a PRV but I can always replace the lid or manually release the pressure. I'm going to be running a plastic picnic tap with 5 feet of ultra barrier silver beer line until I can get a more permanent home for everything. Right now my fermentation chamber will be serving double duties. Not ideal but it will have to do for now :)

Got everything I needed (keg + beer lines + disconnects + regulator + tank + keg lube + clamps) shipped to me for around $170.

Any advice for a first time kegger? :mug:

Where did you get your setup from? I've been thinking about getting into kegging and that does seems like a reasonable entry cost.

You might need longer liquid lines. Try what you got first if you have foam problems then switch to a 12-10 foot line.

You will not regret doing this, it is SO much better than all those darn bottles. Make sure to clean them using the correct cleaners and sanitizers and purging is very important.
I live in little town of Donald, Or. between Wilsonville and Woodburn, so we are almost neighbors.
My HBS is mainbrew in Hillsboro, Or. Go to his website - go to FAQ'S - Under Beer Related Info. - go to "Everything You Need to Know About Kegging Homebrew.
Good Luck and Cheers :mug:

I bought myself a minifridge keg setup several weeks ago. Finding it hard to get motivated to use it. I guess I'm weird like that. :confused:

+1 on longer tap lines unless you can chill down to the low 30's so you can reduce the pressure at the regulator.
Make sure you test for gas leaks. Even the smallest leak will have you replacing tanks every couple weeks.

Look into the clear beer draught system, it draws the beer from the top of the keg with a float and gets rid of the dip tube. It's about $35 and worth it, I had problems with the dip tube rotating and not letting beer come out. It also allows you to throw hops directly in the keg because they sink to the bottom.

Latest posts

Back