hy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moosepoop

Reaction score
dumb QUESTION, i have a Canadian Adventure, Ale, beer kit, from 2006. would it still work? its canned and never been frozen, thoughts please

You aren't missing the money you spent in '06. Drop a couple bucks on some yeast and give it a go.

Agreed... get some new yeast and have at 'er.

Was the can the only thing in the kit?

Even with fresh yeast, this will probably taste like a soapy turd. Brewing is fun, but if you want to enjoy drinking the beer, go to northern brewer/more beer/etc. and drop 20 bucks on a simple kit. Fresh extract makes better beer.

Happy new year!

Even with fresh yeast, this will probably taste like a soapy turd. Brewing is fun, but if you want to enjoy drinking the beer, go to northern brewer/more beer/etc. and drop 20 bucks on a simple kit. Fresh extract makes better beer.

Happy new year!

Would you care to explain why this will taste so bad? I think it will be fine. Fresher would be better but there shouldn't be anything to make this undrinkable.

Making some assumptions here, I'll admit. This stuff is at least 8 years old, and from what I understand aged LME can generate soapy compounds. Other than that, I can't imagine any grain based product holding up over that amount of time - even if canned.

Could be wrong...

Back