Howe Sound Devil's Elbow or Total Eclipse of the Hop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TripIPAman

Reaction score
While I may not be able to replicate it, I'm looking for an all-grain recipe that is either the real thing, or close to it. Suggestions?

Sadly not much info on either:

Devil's Elbow
An assertive ale that is heavily bittered and dry-hopped providing an intensive aroma and brewed using selected English and North American barley and hops. It is named for the dramatic grade 4 Devil's Elbow rapid on the Elaho River, north of Squamish, BC, Canada. 68 IBU; 14.2 Plato

Total Eclipse of the Hop
A strong India Pale Ale brewed with 100% barley, six varieties of hops, water and yeast. Extra barley balances the variety of hops in this brew. This is definitely for the hop lover. This beer is brewed in limited quantities as part of the John Mitchells series. 92IBU; 17 Plato

You can try to contact the brewer, or you can find a good IPA recipe, brew it, and then adjust to get closer to these.

Bump. Emailed Howe sound asking for any small idea of what they use for the total eclipse. 3 weeks with no reply..... I hope someone with the right skills decides to figure out a clone for that beer. It's easy enough to get it on the island. But has become a pain to source out in eastern BC.

Resurrecting this old thread. I just tried Total Eclipse of the Hop for the first time and absolutely loved it! Any chance anyone knows more than the hint of 6 hops on the label? Love to try and clone it if anyone can help I'd sure appreciate it!

Latest posts

Back