Howdy from New Mexico

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enkidu25

Reaction score
So my wife broke down and finally let me get a starter home brew kit. I got the Craft a Beer home cider kit since I was more interested in making cider. I am now anxiously awaiting my first batch. Five more days left. I am hoping to learn as much as a can here since I cannot find many cider classes online. I have found books and websites but nothing that specifically answers my questions about how the different types of yeast affect the final flavor, turbo cider versus letting it sit for months and various other questions. My big question right now is should I stir the yeast? The kit I got says to pitch the yeast directly into the batch and shake vigorously for about a minute. Other sites that talk about pitching dry yeast say to never stir it. Ugh. I'm sure it depends on the yeast.

Welcome to the hobby, and the group, from Colorado :mug:

I have never stirred cider yeast, all came out great. There is a great apfelwein thread here.

Back