Howdy from Houston

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitt Hefty

Reaction score
well, west of Houston, via Florida and before that Michigan. I started brewing back in the 90's and became famous with family and friends for free beer that I was told was really good and in one case, competition worthy by a homebrew judge. I took delight in this as my equipment was always comically rudimentary. I've always had an affinity for the European styles and really favor the noble hops. It's been a number of years since I've brewed but plan to start again, I just miss my "Michigan basement" as it was the secret of my success as a HB. My "house beer" was a medium high gravity ale brewed with Dingeman's pilsner malt, some light coloring malts, Perle and Saaz hops and fermented with White Labs Kolsch yeast. Look forward to starting again when the Texas weather doesn't feel like I've stuck my head into a dishwasher mid-cycle.

Welcome back to the madness we call a hobby. I too returned after a long time away from brewing. A wealth of info and help awaits you here. So jump in with both feet and start brewing. So much has changed over the years. Equipment, ingredients and processes have all improved greatly since to 90s.

Have fun and enjoy the ride.

Back