Howdy from homebrew hell

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. Anybody have any advice on getting krausen stains out of the ceiling tile?

LOL well if you don't want to show it off as a badge of homebrewing prowess, I would think some oxy clean dissolved in warm water, then applied with a spray bottle might do the trick as long as there's ventilation to dry it.

Oxy clean is pretty good stuff

Both the first batch and second batch have been bottled. The first homebrews will be consumed this weekend.

Might want to wait a bit longer to drink...2 weeks maybe? Needs time to condition.

You can drink it...just might not be fully carbonated. But I hear ya...I'm far too impatient and usually sneak one or tow in early.

Glad you made it through "the incident!" And Welcome! This site rocks! :rockin:

Thanks for the input, i will let the majority of it condition longer then i initially planned. I will definitely have to sneak a few though as this will be my first weekend of the summer as i just finished the summer semester of graduate school.

If you haven't experienced the lack of a blow-off tube, you haven't brewed. Enjoy the remainder.

Wait three weeks before you pop one. You can sneak some but they will seem over carbonated at first and flat after a few minutes. The carbonation really needs to settle into the beer. Also, make sure to chill the beer for a good 24 hours at least. You will not be disappointed. Happy brewing.

At this point i am not going to touch any of this batch for two weeks, but then i am going to take a few pints with me when i go to visit family and the rest will sit.

Cracked more than a few of the IPA's last night and they are damn tasty and pack a hell of a punch in terms of bringing about a nice glow rather quickly. The bonus was the fact that no one was hungover this morning and a couple individuals really enjoyed quite a few of them.

Back