Howdy from Chicago

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwbrewer

Reaction score
So I've been a member for a while but have mostly been lurking/reading until i became a supporting member recently.And i just realized I've never introduced myself. I've been homebrewing on and off for about 7 years but recently have become OBSESSED with cider/mead/fruit wines. As a matter of fact I've got like 5 or 6 batches going rite now of varying ciders,meads and wines, and I'm trying to stop myself from starting more... i need help obviously ;) i mean i haven't even made any beer since February, geez

One of the awesome things of this hobby is that you can chase it wherever it leads / inspires you. My goal is to follow the muse, hopefully, over time, learning most of the styles and products. Right now, I have a bourbon oak RIS, a mead, a Red Zinfandel, and Skeeter Pee ageing or fermenting. And 450 bottles of beer in the beer cave.

Cheers :mug:

Thanks Cyclman, so judging by your handle, do you ride too? If so what kind of cycle? i just feel like my new brewing interests have me totally submersed. The last beer i even made was in February, a russian imperial stout similar to Old Rasputin, but not a "clone". I brewed with a buddy using his recipe (and equipment as we were making a 50gal batch and my setup won't nearly support that) but wow did it turn out tasty. We are letting most of it bulk age a while though only one sanky tapped so far

Back