Howdy...Brand new

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speeddemon190

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My name is Bryan, I live in michigan. Just starting to get into brewing, waiting to borrow a kit from a friend who doesnt use his. If I enjoy it im going to buy my own kit. Ive been reading as much as I can about the subject, everything from extract brewing to partial mashes and all Grain. For right now I think im going to stick with the extract even though i think i could manage the rest. I just want a better chance that my first brew will turn out delicious. Im thinking of doing an Irish red ale as my first brew. Does that sound like a decent brew for a first timer (difficulty wise). Ive read about mashes and steeping, and different ways to brew. The only thing im concerned about now is getting to understand what grains do what to a beer as far as color and flavor. and what different hops attribute to it as well. Any suggestions on what I should do as a first brew and any tips (besides being extremely clean and sanitized with the equipment, and having patience). any advice would greatly be appreciated. I cant wait to try this!!!!

Welcome from CO!

Learn to do extract really well (eventually including temp controlled fermentations from starters), then move on from there. Read all the stickies!

Kits are your friend. Any kit is relatively easy, buy from a busy LHBS if you have one. Do a beer friends will appreciate, then you'll have volunteers to give you bottles and maybe even to help on brewday!

Latest posts

Back