How would I manipulate this label?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kedash

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi.

I want to use my family crest as a homebrew label. Where is says Potts at the top, I want it to say: Potts Brewing Company (using the same font).

I have no idea how to do this or what program to use. I have Adobe Elements on my computer and MS Paint.

Any help would be appreciated.

potts%20copy.JPG

You can do it in Adobe Elements...

First you use the eyedropper to select the brown of the banner, then paint over the old text.

Then select text and write the replacement words (unfortunately my copy of elements doesn't have the correct font so I used monotype corsica.) Use the create warped text button to bend it around the banner....

I did it for you, but you can play around with it later.

potts_copy.jpg

Copy it and I'll delete it from my gallery later...but let me know you copied it first.

I don't know enough about Photoshop Elements to know if it will work but I can bend the font in Photoshop but I would need the font name or just a similar or one. It is not one that I have.

Potts.jpg

Here you go. I believe it's Olde English. If not, it's pretty darn close
View attachment 5684

Wow! Thank you! I agree with what Mr. Febtober said about everyone being so helpful! I love this site and the kind folks who take the time to help. I hope to be one of those helpful guys in the not too distant future.

It's time for bed now, but I will make one good contribution tomorrow by posting an extract recipe that came out so good that we plan on making it quite often. Even though I am on the verge of going AG, this recipe will be used for days when brewing time is limited. Several have stated that it's one of the best beers they have ever had (tastes like a brown ale to me). Sometimes it's difficult to find a beer that men and women like. This is that beer. Look for it in the recipe forum tomorrow.

Thanks again!

Just a thought... maybe if you stretched the banners it would make the brewery name *pop* a little bit more. Kinda like so...

pottsyh9.jpg

If you like, I can send you a bigger version of the file for you to tinker with.

Good luck!

Wow, you all deserve a round for being so helpful on this one. Kedash has three to pick from now! :mug:

I just posted an incredible extract recipe in the recipe topic area in attempt to contribute something to this site! Try it, you'll love it! It's called Mr. Charlie's Amber Ale, but it tastes more like a brown ale to me.

Back