How to Talk Like a Beer Snob: A Beginner's Guide

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who writes that kind of dreck? Sorority house English majors? It's like the writer was given an assignment by the editor to write an article, and had 6 hours to come up with something clever.

What could have been a fun poke at craft beer culture turned into something entirely vapid, due to the writer's obvious lack of knowledge of the subject.

1/10.

"My favorite beers start at 80 IBUs."
"I am particularly fond of extremely bitter beer, and it is a frequently trumpeted source of pride. I have also used a ruler to measure my genitals and have kept the results to myself."

Ha!

Sounds like somebody got laughed at for ordering a Shock Top at the bar.

"The head on this beer is incredibly thick."
"I just did a terrible job of pouring this beer and want to save face."

This one actually did make me laugh. I've seen quite a few BA reviews that started like this.

The observation about session beer was good, even though the punch line could have been better. Reminds me of a friend of mine who very seriously made the commitment to switch from Wild Turkey 101 to 80 proof.

But mostly the author just phoned it in, which is a shame because I love to make fun of snobs, even if I are one.

Back