How to run air hose from the outside in?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KennyPowers55

Reaction score
I have a keezer that I have been using with the tank and regulator inside of the freezer. I bought a secondary regulator and I want to move everything to the outside. I need to run 3 air lines from the secondary through the collar into the keezer. What is the best way to do this? 3 holes the size of the lines? 1 hole to fit all 3? Please help me.:mug:

I did one hole and then filled with insulation and used Al tape around it. You could also use spray foam if you want a perm, airtight seal. Be careful where you drill, do not hit a coolant line. To find lines, use a paste of baking soda and water(I think), where it says, there is a line.

I did one hole and then filled with insulation and used Al tape around it. You could also use spray foam if you want a perm, airtight seal. Be careful where you drill, do not hit a coolant line. To find lines, use a paste of baking soda and water(I think), where it says, there is a line.

I have a wood collar so coolant lines are not my concern (at least for this). Are saying I should just drill a large enough hole for three hoses and tape it off?

Is there a reason you don't want to mount the secondary regulator inside the keezer? To me, it would seem easier to run a single line to the secondary through the collar.

Stick one of these through the collar for any gas line(s) and use swivels in and out...
04C03286.jpg

I use these on my fridges and a "close" version on my keezer.
They also have a 4" long version...

Cheers!

If you don't mind the extra cost, CO2 bulkheads are a nice alternative than pushing the gas line straight through the collar. I used what day_trippr mentioned, 4 inch bulkhead through my collar and I'm happy with it. Just remember to use flared nylon washers with those MFL connections.
IMG_7124.jpg

image1-29.jpg

Is there a reason you don't want to mount the secondary regulator inside the keezer? To me, it would seem easier to run a single line to the secondary through the collar.

I was under the impression that moisture could ruin the regulator. It would also save space by keeping the tank and regulators outside.

Nearly everyone on here does it, so I'd say it's pretty safe. I mean, you had your primary in there right? Secondaries aren't any different for all intents and purposes.

I had a lapse of critical thinking. I just wanted to make sure my brand new shiny secondary wouldn't get damaged in the keezer. It seems to work just fine. I was able to serve up 4 kegs successfully at a backyard cookout with no major problems once I dialed the pressures in (2 kegs were on a manifold).

:mug:

Latest posts

Back