How to remove posts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandomBeerGuy

Reaction score
Hello,

Today i tried my hand at adding recipe, first 1 I placed in the wrong location, 2nd placed two of the same post. My question is how to remove the whole post? I checked the edit page and was unable to find the remove post button if there is one.

I apologize in advanced, But I do not understand. I can't find a move/delete button. I am new the this whole site. Slowly figuring it out. I checked the link you posted but it does not help.

Done and done. And done.

We strongly encourage only posting recipes that are tried and true, along with some tasting notes to let potential brewers know what they are getting in to.

Done and done. And done.

We strongly encourage only posting recipes that are tried and true, along with some tasting notes to let potential brewers know what they are getting in to.

I have done the recipe, Its sitting in bottles at the moment. Thanks for the tip even though I already told my self to post already completed brews.

I have done the recipe, Its sitting in bottles at the moment. Thanks for the tip even though I already told my self to post already completed brews.

Not just "already completed brews", though. These need to be recipes that are proven, repeatable, and have tasting notes. Our guidelines: When posting a recipe to the database please try and follow the simple guidelines listed below. This will help ensure that the HomebrewTalk.com recipe database is a valuable resource for brewers containing only quality, proven recipes. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f57/recipe-posting-guidelines-108410/

I posted a recipe yesterday in the "recipes/ingredients" forum, and it's kegged and it's great. But it needs some time and I need to brew it again before it goes into the recipe database and I can recommend it to other brewers.

Not trying to start a post war. The potato pie ale that I brewed tastes "great/good" If I don't like a brew that I made. I will not post it. Not everyone has the same taste buds. If I like it, I'll post it. If you brewed my recipe and did not like it. But the next guy does and recommends it then great. If you guys want only "certified brews". I will take my brews to my club and have the certified judges taste it get feedback. I'm sure I will run into a recipe on the forums that I think are nasty. I'm sure I will find some that are great. I come to the forums for advice and feedback.

Not trying to start a post war. The potato pie ale that I brewed tastes "great/good" If I don't like a brew that I made. I will not post it. Not everyone has the same taste buds. If I like it, I'll post it. If you brewed my recipe and did not like it. But the next guy does and recommends it then great. If you guys want only "certified brews". I will take my brews to my club and have the certified judges taste it get feedback. I'm sure I will run into a recipe on the forums that I think are nasty. I'm sure I will find some that are great. I come to the forums for advice and feedback.

I agree with you- no need to get so defensive! Recipes in the database need to be proven recipes, so that anybody can brew them. Experimental recipes are just that- experiments. Recipes that need tweaking are always around in different forums, and many recipes can be found via google.

What I'm saying is that the recipes in the database ARE proven recipes, and winners. Sure, people have different taste buds but that is not the point at all of a great recipe! I personally don't like Belgian beers with the "bubblegum" yeast flavor. I still make them, and I still have a great recipe for a tripel. A proven recipe is just that- proven to be a good example of a style, not something just brewed to an individual's taste. That is the point of complete tasting notes, though- where someone can say "toasty and malty with a hint of roast" for example. And if I don't like "toasty", then I won't brew the recipe.

Well in that case, I need to place my porter and fruit beer in the data base. Both entered into the 2011 cowlitz county fair comp. Porter got 1st and my fruit beer received 2nd.

Back