How to convert my CF Chiller to Tri-Clamp?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith G

Reaction score
Hey Folks, first post in forever so I hope I am in the right place....
I have a counter flow wort chiller with simple copper tube ends like this one:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0224/9624/7888/products/8631_1800x1800.jpg?v=1571729566
I'd like to find a way to convert it to 1.5" Tri-Clamp fittings for the wort side, without it looking like a huge kludge (i.e. sagging pieces of hose, etc.)
Something like this: CFC with Tri-Clamp Fittings
Anyone have a good suggestion on how to accomplish this? I've been looking at adapters but can't seem to find what I need.
THANK YOU in advance! Keith

Last edited:
I have a chiller like that, I took a 3/8 to 1/2 adapter and a 1/2 to 1/2 npt and had them soldered to the ends then used a threaded adapter to get the end on it.
It looks good and it looks like it should be on there, although I went with camlock connectors, I could have just as easily went with tri-clamp.

The pieces that you will need all fit together and it doesn't look like a cluster ****.

You an get where you want to be that way, I would expect it to be tough to sweat stainless to the copper, but I'm sure that it could be done by someone with more experience than me. If that is your plan, the 3/8 to 1/2 inch, then the appropriate tri-clamp weld/solder on connector.

good luck.

BTW- I went to a friend in the heating and air business and had him do it for me, and he did it as a favor.

Thank you! But I'm confused - what do the adapters look like in terms of what is on the ends? is the 3/8 to 1/2 just copper tubing or ?
Thanks again! Keith

You solder something like this to the chiller
1591638209578.png

Then you screw on an triclamp adapter

1591638290923.png

You could use a compression fitting, but it wold be more expensive 1.5'' TC x 3/8'' Compression Adapter

Back