Fermzilla Top Mount Tri Clamp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShadyKnollBrewery

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Gen 2 Fermzilla, used for all my fermentations. I like it as it's easy to use and able to be moved around, as I brew in the garage but ferment in a basement closet as the room is a constant 68 F. I have just realized that I have been inducing oxizadation into my fermentation, so I am working to fix that challenge.

I would like to add a configuration to the top of my Fermzilla, something like the The Dry Hopper - 3" Tri Clover Compatible: Dry Hopper

I am trying to figure out how to modify the top of the Fermzilla to accept a tri clamp so I can build a dry hop configuration for the top. I know I could dry hop from the bottom, however I dont like pushing the hops through the spent trub/yeast.

I have looked at 2" bukhead fitting with an NPT thread, but this looks like I will need a number of adapters to make this work.

Has anyone built a 2"+ tri clamp adapter for the top of their Fermzilla? If so, can you share the design -

Thanks

I made a custom lid for our Fermzilla with a 3" TC. If interested in the STL for printing I can post it, but you will need a high end printer and some additional work in the lathe to make it perfect.

Super cool print you got! What did you print it in, resin? I would be very much interested in the STL if you want to share it. Also where did you get the clear tubing with 3" tri clamp connections?

Latest posts

Back