How to connect jockey box to my system?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zzzzzzzzz

Reaction score
I have a 2 50' coil jockey box and want to use the coils to cool my wort and heat/recirculate my mash tun. I have been unable to find any fittings that will fit the threads on the coil ends (compression fitting). appear to be 11/16 or so threads, I would like to be able to connect the two coils and also connect to a 1/2" barb to run to my pump/system. Any links would be appreciated as this is my first build after 35 years being away from brewing!
Thanks all...time for my nap!
Jim

Brew mcQ I did that yesterday at 3 largest here in Honolulu nothing there. Also have contacted a couple of brewing vendors they have no suggestions. Next attempt will be air/gas supplier as is same thread as on CO2 tanks and sanke keg taps etc.... seems such a simple thing... BUT it apparently isn't!

Brew mcQ I did that yesterday at 3 largest here in Honolulu nothing there. Also have contacted a couple of brewing vendors they have no suggestions. Next attempt will be air/gas supplier as is same thread as on CO2 tanks and sanke keg taps etc.... seems such a simple thing... BUT it apparently isn't!

I completely understand that.

I, on the other hand, do not follow.

Can you give us a pic of the fittings? That would help immensely in a solution to your problem.

standard coil compression fitting or CO2 to keg etc... appears to be approx. 11/16 or so... also same thread as both fittings on a sanke keg... seems simple enough, but haven't found a solution as yet. Yahoo, my pots just arrived!

Jockey box coil.jpg

Weird, this should be easier! If those are standard beer hex nuts on the coil, they should be 7/8". If that's the case, could something like this work? Total guess... Install it backwards, run a coupler where the faucet normally connects and screw the coil's hex nuts onto that.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00829HN88/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

31aizBotOaL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to hardware stores is >5/8" <3/4" and look like thread is not standard pipe thread. fits CO2 tanks, sanke tapper threads and the coils... but can find nothing that will connect to it. I currently don't have a shank to look at, but may get to brew store to see if they do but not likely (pretty small). Also hoping for something>1/4".

Wishin' and hopin' aint getting it done but some time until built will be needing it I guess. Thanks folks for any and all ideas you can come up with... I have seen some pretty ingenious ideas here!

Time for my nap....zzzzzzzzz

Think I got it! Just flipping around in circles! IT IS SIMPLE! .....PARTS NEEDED
3 - duplex couplers for cleaning beer lines ( http://www.chicompany.net/index.php...result&search_in_description=1&keyword=duplex )
2 - 1/2 tail pieces ( http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=376_17_46_417&products_id=2874 )
2 - beer hex nuts and washers
use one coupler to hook 2 coils to each other
the rest will connect to in and out as 1/2" barbs which then go to the pump/Brew Kettle.
HOW SIMPLE! key was farting around and finding that coupler!
Thanks everyone for trying to get there so easy was right there all along...duh
Aloha,
time for my nap zzzzzzzzz

by the way these not cheapest just easy to post about $2 diff here and there

Could also take a long shank or old ugly one and cut a piece off...clean threads and away ya go. Seems strange to me that there are very few connectors found online. A couple of brew stores online mill their own shanks etc, and they wouldn't sell raw materials or scraps etc. anyways found http://www.ebay.com/itm/300948149689?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 from seller draftchoicenyc on ebay. Nice guy and they work fine $9each plus $5 shipping (combines other buys for same $5). Just found another use for this and glad I buy an extra 1 or 2 of most stuff.
Cheers

Latest posts

Back