How to clean a 4 way manifold?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjosborne

Reaction score
Anyone clean one of these before? I had beer back up into my lines and I am going to replace them. I want to clean the manifold as well at the same time. It's the one off AIH and is supposed to have check valves built into it. Thanks for any ideas.

I'd hook up a liquid ball lock connector and run some hot PBW through it with my keg line cleaner. Turn each valve on separately to make sure they each get a good cleaning. Give it a good fresh water rinse then blow some CO2 through it to dry it out. Followed by ordering some replacement tips with check valves.

Do you really think that I need new tips? At $13 apiece that's more than the manifold was new.

Do you really think that I need new tips? At $13 apiece that's more than the manifold was new.

Take the side plug out of the manifold and see if you got beer inside. If so, then the chack valves are not working or there are no checks in the shut off valves.

In the future, check out www.ritebrew.com for all kegging hardware. 95% of the time, they are way cheaper than other online stores.

For example: Check valves for $7.89 a piece...

http://www.ritebrew.com/product-p/843680.htm

I couldn't keg with out check valves. I'm always moving kegs around in my kezzer. Some are full and at different pressures. I force carbonate every now and then. I have 8 gas lines and all it takes is one misstep and I've pumped my manifold full of beer. I bought my manifold with check valves it was like 4 dollars more. Money well spent.

Back