How to attach hose to tap?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xenomaniac

Reaction score
Hey guys, Xeno here. I'm building my first Kegerator and I'm stumped. Every video I look at, including kit pdfs, show the hose being connected to the tap with the barbed end already attached. Here is my problem. My barb isn't attached to the tap already. What am I suppose to do? Here are pics.
1969350_718718841502310_1917554316_n.jpg

1964808_718718728168988_1553608276_n.jpg

I actually do have a 3/16 beer line. I have that and a 1/4. I thought the 1/4 was for the beer and 3/16 was for gas? Figured gas is less dense so doesn't need as thick as a line.

doesnt really matter the gas tube size. but 3/16 ID for beverage is the recommended tubing at 5ft or so. i use 3/16 for my gas just to keep it all the same. it was cheaper. and yes you are missing the tail piece for your shank. it goes shank, black neoprene washer, tail piece, then the nut to tighten it down.

Thanks y'all. Went to the brew store on my brake and picked it up. Stopped by my house to grab my new keg since the front office will be closed when I get home. Was dropped off 7 minutes when I got back from lunch break.

More like 10' of 3/16" for a serving pressure of 10 to 12 psi at the keg.
Balancing Co2 volumes/keg pressure to serving line resistance is critical.

Woohoo!!!! Got my keg!! They left it on the front door step of my apartment complex. Worked 12 hours today and the rest of the week.

Latest posts

Back