How much sugar in a bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sputnam

Reaction score
I have an undetermined amount of beer so I can't batch prime. Could someone please tell me how much sugar I should put in a 12 oz bottle. I'm looking for the standard 2.4 volumes

Not sure that you can get your hands on maple syrup but I use 2cc per 12 ounce bottle and it works great. I keg my beer and then will bottle some from the keg in this way. I've passed the tip on to many in our brew club and they've also had good success.

My question is why can't you find out the volume of the beer by putting it in your bottling bucket. You can then make up your priming solution and mix it in.

Or use priming tabs.

One Domino "Dot" sugar cube will give you about 2.4 volumes of CO2. This is one cube from a pound package which has a count of 198 cubes. The cubes are approximately 2.29 grams of sugar.

You told me about Domino sugar cubes a couple months ago and I just wanted to say thank you. No more Fizz Drops for me. Sugar cubes work much better and faster than fizz drops. Also better head retention. I'm surprised that people still buy fizz drops.....sugar cubes are about 1/3 the cost.

You told me about Domino sugar cubes a couple months ago and I just wanted to say thank you. No more Fizz Drops for me. Sugar cubes work much better and faster than fizz drops. Also better head retention. I'm surprised that people still buy fizz drops.....sugar cubes are about 1/3 the cost.

Thank you for the good comment. Posting actual results is also a great help for other forum users.

One Domino "Dot" sugar cube will give you about 2.4 volumes of CO2. This is one cube from a pound package which has a count of 198 cubes. The cubes are approximately 2.29 grams of sugar.

Will they fit easily through the neck of a standard 12 ounce US beer bottle? Do you need to stir them into solution for each bottle, or do you just let them sit there as a cube?

Will they fit easily through the neck of a standard 12 ounce US beer bottle? Do you need to stir them into solution for each bottle, or do you just let them sit there as a cube?

No stirring...just put 1 cube in bottle. Use Domino box with 198 count they fit in neck of 12 oz bottles.

Thanks! Do they completely dissolve on their own? Do they leave any residue or floaters?

Flars told me about using cubes a few months ago and have been using them ever since. Yes they completely dissolve with no floaters. I'll never use fizz drops again....sugar cubes work better and faster than fizz drops plus you'll have better head retention.

Is there any concern for introducing bacterial contaminatoin at this stage by finger handling the sugar cubes?

Is there any concern for introducing bacterial contaminatoin at this stage by finger handling the sugar cubes?

That's a great question. I've drank at least 40 bottles of sugar cube beer with zero issues....matter of fact my beer tastes better than before. Maybe you could use sanitized tweezers to put cubes in the bottles.

Come to think of it, I used my fingers with fizz drops and never had any issues either except slow carbonation and poor head retention.

Latest posts

Back