how much splenda per gallon ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naeco

Reaction score
I always use Xylitol but want to try Splenda in a couple bottles this time and was wondering how much spenda is usualy used per gallon to give the cider a little sweetness. I know it's a personal thing but want a ball park idea of how much I need for 1 gallon.

Let me know how that tastes, I'm curious. Lots of chemical sweeteners add this flavor that I hate and I wonder if it is the same with cider as well.

I added Splenda to a batch of alcoholic ginger beer recently. Have a look over on the Soda forum for exact details on how much I added...

I could taste the Splenda a little, and will be looking for an alternative next time. Heard Sorbitol can be good, but never tried it and don't know measures.

From what I've heard heat pasteurising is best, but again, I haven't tried - I've got 1l swing tops, so not really set up. I plan on doing that when I've got some more appropriate bottles. Have a look at the Stickies on here as there are some good walk throughs on it.

Back