How much for a used Cornie?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigscience

Reaction score
I'm curious how much people are paying it their areas for used cornies. I think I got mine for about $25 15 years ago but I just saw them at my LHBS for $70! That seems extreme to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

The used corny market is appears to be drying up, many cornys that are now coming out of circulation here in the states are headed to Asia (China) I believe to support their growing soda market. So yes in they have gone up drastically in the last 3 years or so. I have around 30 that I purchased between 2-5 years ago and I have never paid more that $25 for a keg. That being said I have not bought any in the last 2 years. In the Midwest ball locks go for $45-$65 and pin locks a little less.

I picked up 3 ball locks on CL for $60 total. All 3 were airtight. While I fully support my LHBS, they are overpriced on BL corny kegs at $70 each.

Back