How much damage did I cause?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nenderle

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Today I made my 2nd batch a Blue Moon clone. My first batch was a Fat Tire clone that is almost gone so it was time for batch two. When I put it in the carboy and went to add the yeast, the yeast ran down the neck of the carboy on the inside. There appeared to be quite a bit stuck to the neck, so I decided to give it a quick swirl, not thinking that movement is bad at this point. Will the yeast still react? Will it turn out okay? Thanks for your help.

From what I understand, oxidation only occurs after the yeast is added. Aeration before the yeast ( or as the yeast in your case) is added is good for the yeast.

NENDERLE -the first mistake you made: Should have started batch 2 before now. Second, well, yes your beer may have suffered -once fermentation is done, send it my way and I SHOULD be able to salvage it. I'll send you the bottle caps back if all went well :D
Relax, the beer will be just fine. Takes a bit to ruin a batch -especially when the yeast is just pitched.

Back