How Many Pounds of Coffee Roasted in 2018

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did a a half pound of Malawi Sable Farms Peaberry tonight. Last week I did a half pound of Colombian and Ethiopian beans.

So 1.5 lbs + 147.93 = 149.43 lbs total to date.

Roasted most of the day yesterday.

Did the last pound of Rwanda Kivu Kanzu, and the first 9 pounds out of the 50-lb bag of Ethiopia Agaro Biftu Gudina Cooperative I got from Coffee Shrub (Sweet Maria's wholesale division) on Thursday.

So that's 95 lbs for me, 178.5 lbs for the thread.

Did another 9 lbs of Ethiopia Agaro Biftu Gudina Cooperative yesterday, which brings my total YTD into three-digit territory :) at 104 lbs.

190.32 lbs overall.

Too bad I only just saw this thread. I roast a pound a week of beans from Sweet Marias. A personal favorite that we buy by the 20# bag is their Altiplano Blend.

Just started a new hobby of roasting... 25 lb since May..

Attachments

• IMG_20180531_180659.jpg
    IMG_20180531_180659.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 46
Cool weather roasting this morning

Attachments

• IMG_20181116_103539.jpg
    IMG_20181116_103539.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 34
7 lbs of Ethiopia Agaro Biftu Gudina Cooperative yesterday, bringing my total for the year to 111 lbs. I've been sick for the last few weeks and drinking a lot of tea, so that cut a full (half-gallon) pot per day out of our household consumption.

Add that and updates from @NeilMac and @4of7 (reminder you're supposed to add your amounts to the thread total) brings us to 225.7 lbs in total.

21oz today, a variety.

225.7 lbs
1.31lb
------------
227.01 LB total

Last edited:
After posting I decided to do one more roast to continue getting use to my new Behmor 1600+.
I did 3/4lbs I’d a Tazania Ngorongoro Highland Peaberry from Burman Coffee.

The total is now:

245.62 + 0.75 = 246.37

Roasted a pound of robusta beans this year. Using the amazing poppery II popcorn popper. And I wish I would not have bought robusta. Yeah! 259.43

My last two roasts have totaled 18 lbs of Ethiopia Agaro Biftu Gudina Cooperative (I have 7 lbs left from my 50 lb bag), bringing my final total for the year to 129 lbs. Not too far off from my beginning-of-year estimate of 125 lbs. :)

Running total for the thread is 277.43 lbs.

My last two roasts have totaled 18 lbs of Ethiopia Agaro Biftu Gudina Cooperative (I have 7 lbs left from my 50 lb bag), bringing my final total for the year to 129 lbs. Not too far off from my beginning-of-year estimate of 125 lbs. :)

Running total for the thread is 277.43 lbs.
Do you sell it? I guess thats only a couple pounds a week but seems like you roast more than that.

Do you sell it? I guess thats only a couple pounds a week but seems like you roast more than that.

Nope, aside from a tiny amount we give away (<5 lbs/year), that's all personal consumption. We brew 1-1.5 gallons pretty much 7 days/week, and I make a couple batches of cold brew over the summer.

Back