How many HBT posts are written while drunk?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

55x11

Reaction score
what percentage of HBT posts are written "under the influence" you think?
I must admit, for me it's at least 25% or so. It's like beer googles - some posts I would never comment on, unless I have a beer or two, then all of a sudden I have an opinion and desire to express it. Of course most of it happens in the evenings when I have more free time, which is also the time when I drink beer.

As my mom always said - if you don't have anything nice to say, get a little drunk and then say it anyways.

I should have a breathalyzer tied to my keyboard - blow a 0.1 and the forum is read-only. Keep me out of trouble.

NmiL4ZK.jpg

Drunk = burnt, toasted, wasted, fried, baked, totally baked, three sheets to the wind, shiz faced, snockered, pissed (UK)...add infinitum...:mug:

Ironically, I'm probably more cautious in my posting when I'm toasted, because I'm nervous of pushing the envelope too far and saying something totally out of line.

Ever been drunk enough to try blowing out an electric candle?

Um. Maybe.

But it could be preferable to blowing out real candles on a third date (way back when I was single) after a night at the bar and blowing hot wax all over my eyes and face and screaming like a little girl.

I would guess that is why the "third date thing" didn't happen, and never did happen. He thought I was a weirdo/maniac/moron, all wrapped up into one.

Under the influence? Depends on how "under the influence" we're talking. I don't usually drink enough to get sloppy drunk (on occasion, but not often), but usually a decent buzz. A couple beers (or 5 or 6 session beers).

So either a lot, or not many.

No. I usually post at work and I'm not usually on the computer at home unless I'm playing WoW which is weekend mornings with my buddy.

Plus, I've seen some of the drunk posts on here. That alone is enough to steer me away from doing it myself!

No. I usually post at work and I'm not usually on the computer at home unless I'm playing WoW which is weekend mornings with my buddy.

Plus, I've seen some of the drunk posts on here. That alone is enough to steer me away from doing it myself!

Kinda like being a bartender, dealing with all the drunks when your sober, and seeing how stupid they are when they think they are being so witty.

I'm guilty of DRUNK POSTING...:drunk:

Latest posts

Back