How many gallons of homebrew in 2014?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had some fun tonight and brewed 2, 1 gallon batches

1 gal Maharaja Imperial IPA clone

1 gal Unearthly Imperial IPA clone

2 + 6519.5

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

6562.5 of beer, with 5 gallons of some random ale (I don't subscribe to the labels).
6567.5, if you count the 5 gallons of dry mead.

6562.5 of beer, with 5 gallons of some random ale (I don't subscribe to the labels).
6567.5, if you count the 5 gallons of dry mead.

6562.5 + 10 gallons of guinness clone

Sent from my two thumbs

10 gallons Vanilla Bourbon Oatmeal Stout
Doubtful it will be drinkable due to a true disaster...but...
6623 + 10 =

5 gallons pilsner ale in my new conical fermenter
6654+5=6659

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Home Brew mobile app

+5 gal Carmelite Triple-Grain Tripel from NB

Like many in this thread, I'm too lazy to add this amount to the current sum, so I hope someone will do it for me

Why are people being so up tight and bent outta shape about the adding. This isnt a scientific study, its not like we have to be exact for some record book. Seriously, last year being off about 2000 gallons like someone said earlier isnt bad considering the thousands of posts and 60k plus gallons! Everyone needs to relax

Why are people being so up tight and bent outta shape about the adding. This isnt a scientific study, its not like we have to be exact for some record book. Seriously, last year being off about 2000 gallons like someone said earlier isnt bad considering the thousands of posts and 60k plus gallons! Everyone needs to relax

Ok Ok... Relax! :D

So far this year I brewed 4 - 5 Gallon Batches = 20 Gallons.

So the count is 6699.

Is this post Serious? In that case i brewed 10,000 gallons today.

Is this post Serious? In that case i brewed 10,000 gallons today.

I was just trying to make the point that no matter how hard we try its not gonna be exact no need for snarky remarks i guess it seems like im the only homebrewer who doesnt think im a pro. My god these forums are just a count they arent gonna be exact with failed refreshes and multi posts at the same time and otther things like that.

I was just trying to make the point that no matter how hard we try its not gonna be exact no need for snarky remarks i guess it seems like im the only homebrewer who doesnt think im a pro. My god these forums are just a count they arent gonna be exact with failed refreshes and multi posts at the same time and otther things like that.

I dont think i'm a pro brewer and i'm not sure how expecting people to have basic math skills equates to that. If in fact all the examples of math errors are "failed refreshes and multi posts" why is it an issue if someone in the interest of making the count as accurate as possible corrects the error?

I dont think i'm a pro brewer and i'm not sure how expecting people to have basic math skills equates to that. If in fact all the examples of math errors are "failed refreshes and multi posts" why is it an issue if someone in the interest of making the count as accurate as possible corrects the error?

Your not getting my point. I understand correcting errors made when they are caught but some people are getting rude and upset about those errors being made. Thats what im saying is not needed. People make mistakes it happens.

I'm all for an easy going thread to estimate how much we are all contributing to the great hobby of ours, but the effort it took to proclaim one's laziness is more work than adding a couple of numbers together. I'm sure people are not so lazy when they use math in their brewing. If you are going to play along, at least try.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

That was the post that triggered me to say something about people getting upset like you said this is just an estimate its not an exact survey. Yes add your own totals, and if people just watch after they post they can correct there own mistakes if its from multi posts or failed refresh. I tend to re read my posts before and after i post to make sure i have all the info needed, but thats me lol

Fair enough. The tongue and cheek nature of your post just didn't come through in the text-based medium. No worries.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

Back