How many gallons of EdWort's Apfelwein have been made?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well we could utilize the Brewers Map and perhaps folks who are in reasonably close proximity to each other could get together and have an apfelweinfest and drink / share their best apfelwein to EdWorts health and brew together a batch and each group send a bottle to EdWort when it is ready. With accompanying niceties if desired. (note of thanks, letter proclaiming him a M@#%F@$!!er ...)

Sounds like a plan!

So how long do you guys let this age for?

the longer the better.

the keg i have on tap now was aged in primary for 5 months, then 5 more months in the keg before tapping. it's smooth with no lighter fluid flavor at all.

my next 2 batches are still in primary for another month (6 months total) then will sit in kegs for even longer. i don't think there is any limit to how long you can age it, i've never heard of anybody having it turn into vinegar on them...

Pitched a batch on Saturday during the MASSIVE blizzard that hit Delaware. Found time to make apfelwein in between shoveling out the driveway and sidewalk.

15,138 + 5 = 15,143

15,191+15= 15,206

I still really like beer but my wife likes this as well so we make a 5 gallon batch of this for every other beer.

Got an apple, pomegranite, blueberry batch crash cooling now. Last sample tasted great.

Decided to finish out 2009 with one last batch. It should be really "kickin" by the time summer rolls around.

15,211 + 5 = 15,216

Happy New Year!!!

15,216+5=15,221

Can't wait til June 1st!!!!!

The gentleman behind me when I was purchasing my apfelwein supplies at the local grocery store asked "Do you own a pre-school?"

As of 10 a.m. tomorrow morning, I'll be brewing my first ever HB - 5 gallons of Ed's Apfelwein!

So incredibly stoked!

15,262 + 5 = 15,267 gallons

First batch of Ed's Apfelwein.. currently sitting in my 5 gal better bottle bubbling away. Pitched on 1/3/09. Doesnt smell nearly as bad as i had imagined.. ie. rhino farts, but theres definately some funk in my "shop"/boiler room.

15,267 + 5 = 15,272 gallons !!!

Back