How Many Gallons Brewed In 2021

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today we brewed Lili, a Leichtbier. A quintessential lawnmower beer here on the farm. Malts: BARKE Pils and Carahell. Hops: Magnum and Hallertauer Mittelfrueh. Yeast: WLP833 from Ayinger. Projected ABV 3.2%, IBU: 22.1

Lili.png

1712.5 + 5 = 1717.5

HA! Remembered to do this on the day. 5g of Mosaic/Idaho 7 IPA.
1722.5+5= 1727.5g

(i thought you wern't brewing this weekend? or was that last? :mug:)

Brewed a amber ale on sunday, yesterday. not sure if i didn't boil it down enough, or my IC sprung a leak but ended up with around 11 gallons instead of 10, 1.057 wort.

1733.5+11=1744.5

Dunno if this counts (because it's pretty much an experiment) but Sunday I boiled 5.5g of sugar water which is currently fermenting into prison hooch, that will get a bottle of root beer extract and some dextrose for some hard root beer, if it turns out. Feel free to minus it out if needs be.

1754.5+5=1759.5

Dunno if this counts (because it's pretty much an experiment) but Sunday I boiled 5.5g of sugar water which is currently fermenting into prison hooch, that will get a bottle of root beer extract and some dextrose for some hard root beer, if it turns out. Feel free to minus it out if needs be.

1754.5+5=1759.5
What would Mad King Ludwig say?

1754.5+5=1759.5
Sooo, when is your release date? 🤭

Opening Day / Brew Day here in the Queen City. The Reds didnt do so good, but the new batch of Hefeweizen should be tasty. Heidi, is a paler, more modern example of a Hefeweizen. Malts: Pale Wheat, BARKE Pils and Carahell. Hops: Hallertauer Mittelfrueh. Yeast: WLP351....allegedly the Schneider Weisse yeast. Projected ABV 5.2%, IBU: 13

1759.5 + 5 = 1764.5

5 gallons hard seltzer

52.5+5= 57.5

1754.5+5=1759.5
i don't know about the mad king ludwig....but i know @ba-brewer would point out you need at least some malt added to post here, and to get it to ferment! ;)
I was going to say we would probably not allow hard seltzer into the count, but it looks like there is one already in the total.

In past years meads, ciders and wines where not allowed so it would seem like hard seltzers or hard soda should no be allowed either.

@CJnCincy, This is your thread I will leave it up to you if you don't want them to be added.

@CJnCincy, This is your thread I will leave it up to you if you don't want them to be added.

i think next year i'll try to start a "How many grams of ethanol produced this year" thread

It''ll have to be calculated with ABW%*(weight of liquid)....should get to be an impressive number!

lol, j/k or course.... :mug: (i could imagine trying to add to and type out billions of grams!)

@ba-brewer I think since I didn't specifically state beer I'll let it ride.....plus it helps those that make this abomination of swell be able to identify themselves. :smh: kidding of course, make what you like, drink what you like. Its all for fun.
...and since she's making root BEER, it has the word BEER in it, so that should qualify, yeah?

Well i should have learned my lesson from the 11 gallon batch.....gained half a gallon on this batch went from 10 gallons at 1.064, to 10.5 at 1.060....still an impressive 94% effec with 18.5 lb's of malt.....

damn, if i gave a damn....i'd want to ask if you think i'll get an infection from a leaky IC....

1804.5+10.5=1815

Well i should have learned my lesson from the 11 gallon batch.....gained half a gallon on this batch went from 10 gallons at 1.064, to 10.5 at 1.060....still an impressive 94% effec with 18.5 lb's of malt.....

damn, if i gave a damn....i'd want to ask if you think i'll get an infection from a leaky IC....

1804.5+10.5=1815

I would think the chances are slim for an infection if it is potable tap water, but if you have chlorine or chloramine that might give some phenolic flavors.

why is that makes me excited that it will be great? wait that's phenomic though? ;)

I had a similar issue with a dry stout several years ago, untreated city tap water with chloramines leaked into the finished wort via a leaky IC. I brought it up to 180F, fixed the IC and didn't notice any tasty band-aid notes in the finished beer.

Such a pity, I could've been on to something there.

well the math is getting weird....but i brewed 9.25 inches of wort in my kettle...just some pale 2 -row and half pound crystal 60, couple ounces of bravo for 60...got a hydro reading of 1.060 at 77f, and a refrac reading of 16, not sure but it makes the diference of wither 90% effec or ~95%....not sure what's more accurate....

but at 0.95" a gallon in my pot 9.25"'s works out 9.73 gallons....

1878.78+9.73=1888,51

1888.51 gallons
+ 21.00 gallons Norfolk Pilsner
+ 5.50 gallons Finnegan's Red
+ 11.00 gallons Rice Light Lager
+ 5.50 gallons Norpils w/ Mucich

1931.51 gallons.

All these decimal places have me wondering how accurate everyone else is with their measuring? I'm eyeballing between the half-gallon markings on my kettle, personally. Sometimes I use a stick with 1/4 gallon markings, that I can't even remember what the lines were based on.

All these decimal places have me wondering how accurate everyone else is with their measuring? I'm eyeballing between the half-gallon markings on my kettle, personally. Sometimes I use a stick with 1/4 gallon markings, that I can't even remember what the lines were based on.

LOL, well just lol i guess.....Nice bump to the tally though! :mug:

Back