How low can Skeeter Pee go?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

podz

Reaction score
My Skeeter Pee is at 0.996 and still just doesn't seem to want to stop fermenting (was at 0.998 yesterday). At least there is still a lot of CO2 being produced and yeast is still in heavy suspension. Does it just need to be degassed or what? This is my first batch of SP, and it was done with apple cider slurry based on a third-generation Kitzinger's Reinhefe Champagner yeast along with some added DAP. It's been going for 3 weeks already and I thought that it surely would have been done by now.

SP is always really gassy after primary. Get started stirring (and stirring, and stirring...) and eventually it'll drop all the stuff and clear. Sparkloid or SuperKleer will help a lot too. You also wanna be sure fermemt is 100% done as it takes a lot of sugar to bring the lemon flavors back out and don't want it restarting.

Good luck!!!

It could go to .990 easily, as it's simple sugars and wine yeast.

Yeah, it seems that it's headed in that direction.

Maybe I can even sit outside in the sun and drink some, if summer ever arrives to Finland this year.

Latest posts

Back